BLACK RICE AND MANGO SALAD
December 5th, 2019
- 1 x 250g packet 90-second microwave black rice
- 1 bunch of broccolini, ends trimmed
- 1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 50 g (2 cups) kale ribbons (stalks removed, leaves sliced and massaged)
- 1 large mango (or 2 medium ones), sliced into wedges
- lime wedges, to serve
- 125 ml (½ cup) coconut milk (tinned variety)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped coriander leaves
- Microwave the black rice according to the packet instructions. Once cooked, place in a serving dish and set aside to cool.
- Next, place all the dressing ingredients in a small jug or jar, stir and set aside to allow all the flavours to combine.
- Blanch the broccolini (pop it into a heatproof bowl, cover with boiling water and set aside for 3–4 minutes, or until just cooked through). Drain and set aside to cool.
- Add the capsicum, spring onion, kale and mango to the black rice. Finally, slice the broccolini and add that too. Mix the dressing through just before serving. Mix well and serve with lime wedges.
Tip: If you can’t find the microwave version black rice just get the normal version and cook it as per packet instructions—still very easy!