Deliciously Nourishing Chicken Soup
August 24th, 2019
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large brown onion, diced
- 1 leek, finely sliced (white part only)
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 3 cups diced carrots
- 600g skinless chicken thighs, cut each one into three pieces
- 2 litres chicken stock
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red chillis or any kind of red chili paste
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, leek, garlic, ginger and celery. Stir until softened (around 5 - 8 mins). Add the carrots, chicken thighs, chicken stock, apple cider vinegar, turmeric, and crushed chillis.
- Bring to a boil and then lower the heat. Leave to simmer for about 15 mins and then check on the chicken thighs, to see if they have cooked. You may need to pop back in for a further five mins.
- Once the chicken thighs have cooked then remove them and set aside to cool.
- Add the peas, parsley and broccoli to the saucepan. Keep cooking until the broccoli is tender.
- In the meantime shred the chicken thighs and once the broccoli has softened, add the chicken back in to the pot.
Serve and enjoy. Serves 6