JOIN OUR SWIISH TEAM
It's been a mammoth 5 years since we started SWIISH.com. First came the blog in 2012, and a couple of years later, we launched our online store. Full of goodies we absolutely love, it's a monthly edit of luxe for less buys we (and you) can't live without.
We've written cookbooks (three of them, with another on the way!), developed new products (helloooo Super Green Superfood Powder and our frozen Super Green Smoothies range at Coles & Woolies) and have grown our community reach through our charitable initiative Wish By SWIISH, which grants wishes to women suffering from serious illnesses. We have so much more planned for 2018 and beyond that we cannot wait to share with you all.
But here's the thing - to achieve all of this and to continue to create an online destination that we are insanely proud of - it takes an AMAZING team. A team who share the same passion and the same vision - that you truly can have a fabulous life at an affordable price. At the end of the day, we want women to feel good from the inside out and to do so in a way that doesn't cost the earth.
And now our team is growing (YAY!). We are on the lookout for an experienced Graphic Designer (minimum 5 years experience essential) and there are a few things that are critical to us. Passion. Commitment. A willingness to go above and beyond the role to get the job done. A flexible can-do attitude where no job is too big or too small. Teamwork. Fun! A love for our readers and our customers - they are, after all, our community who we love to engage with every single day. Excellent communication skills, particularly spelling and grammar. The ability to think ahead, to juggle conflicting priorities and keep a calm demeanour (we aren't saving lives here, it's all going to be ok!). A clear and organised mindset.
We have a strong company culture that is grounded in teamwork. We pride ourselves on delivering engaging content, exceptional service and quality products to our customers.
We offer generous staff discounts, but even more importantly, we are big believers in supporting and celebrating our team members as much as we can outside of work - whether that's when one team member moved home, another's little one started school, and another finished uni - all of these milestones are just as important to us, and we want nothing more than to recognise and celebrate them with our team. We have regular team celebrations throughout the year (and many an impromptu donut delivery to the office!) because having fun is important to us.
We also have created an environment where autonomy is encouraged. We don't micro-manage, we don't clockwatch. We care about the job getting done and we are happy to be flexible wherever we can with hours, or leave etc because we know that life is about life as much as it is about work. At the end of the day, we offer the opportunity for you to learn and build your skills in a growing, creative, dynamic, flexible, supportive business.
So with that in mind, here's the rundown of we're looking for. If you feel you're up to the job (literally!) then submit your application as outlined below...
SWIISH by Sally Obermeder is an online destination driven by a passion to provide our readers and customers with true luxe for less style.
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Graphic Designer with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience to join our team on a permanent, full time basis.
We rarely advertise roles due to strong staff retention, so this is an incredible opportunity to join what is a truly dynamic, creative, fast-paced environment.
In this role, you will assist in driving commercial performance and growing brand love through the creation and delivery of strong and engaging content.
The core responsibilities of this role are to:
- Design, plan and execute all digital concepts including EDMs, social media, graphics, website banners, blog posts and look-books
- Build and maintain campaigns
- Maintain ecommerce site, design and integrate apps
- Maintain image libraries
- Create print collateral (including pre-press knowledge) – flyers, packaging, labels
- Post production of images including colour correcting, resizing and optimising images for both print and online content efficiently and accurately
- Video editing / uploading
- If you possess photography skills (desirable) then you'll also be responsible for some street style fashion photography, in-situ lifestyle photography, product photography and flat lay photography for the website and for social media. This however is not essential.
To be successful in this position you will need:
- A minimum of 5 years relevant experience in a similar role ie. digital / media / fashion retail
- The ability to understand briefs and deliver strong messaging in line with the brand
- Demonstrated strong creative skills
- High levels of proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Lightroom and Premier Pro
- Knowledge of web applications and programming languages such as HTML and CSS
- Experience in designing and delivering EDM campaigns
- Strong ability to style products
- Videography / video editing skills
- Up-to-date knowledge of design trends, techniques and technologies
- Experience in Shopify strongly regarded
- Strong communication skills and exceptional attention to detail
- The ability to work flexibly, within tight deadlines, and to self-manage multiple priorities
- Tertiary qualifications in Graphic Design or Graphic Communications preferred
We offer staff discounts and the opportunity for you to learn and build your skills in a growing business.
If you possess the skills listed and would enjoy achieving success with a passionate team, we would love to hear from you.
Please email your cover letter, outlining your suitability, together with your resume to email@example.com.