The Beach Butt Workout
October 2nd, 2013
Summer is almost upon us, and it's about time we started thinking about our butts! We all long to achieve that perfectly toned bikini body, so what better place to start than at the bottom (literally)?!
The Brazillians are known for their famous behinds, but you don't have to go to São Paulo to get a beautiful bum. The swiish team have put together the best butt busters around to get your buns bikini ready for summer.
- Simply lie face-up with your arms stretched out on either side of you, and your legs straight out in front.
- Bend your right knee up, and keep your left leg straight.
- Lift your leg up and push your pelvis up until your right knee, hips and shoulders are all in a straight line.
- Pause, then lower your hips to the ground. Do 20 reps, then switch legs.
Leg and Butt Pulses
- Kneel on all fours, keeping your back straight.
- Keep your right leg slightly bent and lift it toward the sky.
- When you've lifted it as high as you can, hold your leg there and pulse.
- Try to do 50 pulses, then switch legs and repeat.
- And oldie but a good, stair runs are guaranteed to get your rear into gear.
- At first, run up a set of stairs, one at a time. Do this 10 times.
- Next, start taking the stairs two at a time, building up to 3 at a time if you can. Do this 10 times.
- Carry hand weights or a medicine ball to increase the intensity.
- Lie on your left side, leaning on your left elbow, with your left leg slightly bent beneath you.
- Cross your right leg over the left leg.
- Keep your hips facing forward (left) and lift your right leg up 90º (or as high as you can get it), and lower it back down.
- Repeat this for 5x10 reps, then switch legs and repeat.
Altitude Leg Lifts
- Kneel on all fours, with your back straight.
- Keep your left leg bent and raise it to the sky, dropping your upper body down onto your elbows.
- Straigten your leg as much as you can before lowering it back down.
- Repeat this for 5x10 reps, then switch legs and repeat
For more butt toning tips, check out this video of celebrity personal trainer Justin Gelband showing us how to get a butt worthy of a Victoria's Secret model.
No comments posted so far.