Here at swiish we've been raving on about shorts, skorts, and everything in between. Summer is all about rocking one of these minis. But that also means it's time to start doing these quick little exercises daily so you can have pins you're proud of.
This workout is easy to do and you should be able to slot it into your day even if you're pressed for time. The moves are focused on working your glutes, thighs and calves, so you'll feel confident in your mini.
Wide Squat Pulse
This exercise helps tone up legs, focusing on the calves and working your glutes.
- Stand with your feet wide apart and pointing slightly outwards. Lower your butt so that your thighs are parallel to the ground (if you can!)
- Lift your heels one at a time keeping your butt in line with your knees. Do both at a time if you're more advanced.
- Do 10 reps on each side and built it up to 20 if you can.
This is great for toning the backs of your thighs and helping to displace cellulite.
- Lie face down on the floor with your head resting down on your folded arms.
- Place a small dumbbell weight in the knee of your knee and thigh and bend your leg around the weight to hold it in place.
- Lift your bent leg about 15cm off the floor and lower slowly.
- Do 20 reps each side.
This is great for toning the entire leg, top to bottom.
- Stand with your feet hip width apart. Keep your left leg straight and step out with your right leg, bending your right knee. Keep your body low and close to your bent leg.
- Push off your right leg, straightening it and returning to your standing position.
- Do 10 reps on each side.
Step Calf Raises
These will get you shapely calves, and help tone your ankles too.
- Stand on the balls of your feet on a step with your heels hanging off the step.
- Slowly lower your heels so that they're lower than the step, then raise them as high as you can as if you're wearing a pair of very high stilettos.
- Repeat 15 times.
Bridge Ball Squeeze
This is a new twist on the standard bridge pose that makes you work out your inner thighs.
- Lie on the floor with your knees bent and your feet about hip-width apart on the floor.
- Place a ball or something similar in size between your legs and squeeze it to keep it in place.
- Continue to squeeze the ball with your inner thighs as you slowly raise and lower your hips.
- Do 15 reps.