Time Saving Tips
November 12th, 2012
Time. There never seems to be enough of the stuff! Ever wonder how you can find a few more hours in each week? We show you how with these 5 simple tips.
- Stick to a schedule. Do you iron one shirt every night? Choose a day to do one chore, such as ironing, cleaning, or paying bills. You’ll save time simply by bundling these tasks, rather than doing a little of each, every night.
- Multi-task. If you need to make calls, pop the phone on speaker or use your headphones while you’re ironing or tidying up.
- Cook fast, simple, nutritious meals, and make enough for leftovers. There is no need to cook like a gourmet masterchef every night! With an abundance of simple yet healthy and delicious recipes, get your hands on books such as Jamie’s 15 minute meals, or 4 Ingredients, to shorten the time you spend in the kitchen. Double the quantity to take leftovers for lunch or freeze for later, to reheat when you don’t have time to cook.
- Do your grocery shopping online –a big shop every few weeks for staple pantry, laundry and bathroom items will save you hours that would otherwise be spent in the supermarket. Plus, home delivery will drop your shopping bags right to your door, saving you from lugging heavy items such as laundry detergent or pet food from the car to the house.
- Arrive at places 15 minutes early – whether it’s the office, picking up the kids from school or meeting a friend for a coffee. You can use this time to return calls, reply to emails, grab a coffee, clear your mind or decompress by reading a magazine.
What are your time saving tips?